Moving can be exhausting and more dangerous than you expect. Moving involves heavy lifting, sharp packing knives, and other hazardous factors that might give you serious injuries. This can happen when you choose a DIY move rather than choosing professional Removalists in Newport.
Protecting yourself from injuries during a move is as important as protecting your belongings. Here are 10 safety steps to avoid injuries during the move:
- Properly wrap your sharp objects and Knives– Before moving, it is very important that you properly wrap your sharp objects to avoid injuries. If you don’t do it, it can lead to cuts while packing and unpacking. Make sure you are taking care even while wrapping it into the packing paper their sharp edges can give you serious injuries. For extra protection, you can wrap them
with the towel and tie-up with the rubber band.
- Clear the pathways– Inspect the area around your current and new home to identify some potentially dangerous areas. Ensure that the steps are visible to you while you are moving if you are not familiar with the property. Clear the pathways throughout the house to protect yourself from injuries. Make sure moving boxes are not laying down here and there on the pathway and also look for plants or similar objects. Also, if your pathway is slippery, purchase a traction mat.
- Purchase a few moving equipment to avoid injuries–
Buy proper moving equipment, it can help you to move heavy items effortlessly. Few equipment like dollies and straps can save you from backache. Dolly is used to move heavy bulky household items and a safety ramp is useful for loading and unloading heavy items into the moving truck. It will be helpful for safer moves and you can move heavy furniture items, kitchen appliances and large boxes.
- Dress appropriately on moving day– You should properly dress on a moving day to avoid injuries and you know that moving is a very exhausting process so wear a comfortable dress. Make sure you wear some old clothes because they can be ruined during the move.
- Make use of safe lightning techniques– While moving make sure you are using safe lifting techniques including a stable and good posture, using the legs and feet, keeping the load as close to the body, bent your knees, not the waist when picking heavy loads up off the ground, keeping the head up and lifting smoothly.
- Hire professional removals in Newport to reduce the risk of injuries–
Several tasks are included in the moving process such as packing, loading, unloading, unpacking, cleaning and all will be performed by the professional removals in Newport so it can save you from injuries. With the help of professional movers, you can rest assured that your belongings will be handled with care. Also, if the movers suffer some injuries while transporting your belongings, you will not be responsible for that.
- Proper sleep is required before moving day– Accidents and injuries can happen during a move if you have not slept properly. So, take proper sleep of 8 hours to reduce the risk of injuries during the move.
- Create stretch goals– Try to stretch your body throughout the moving day because usually your body isn’t used to any physical activity and tight muscles make you more prone to injuries. Your muscles are like rubber bands the more you stretch them, the more you will be able to work during the move.
- Keep your kids and pets away–
Look for your relatives or friends who can keep your children and pets, because having them around moving boxes can be dangerous and stressful for you. Knowing that your loved ones are safe you can get back to fulfilling your moving tasks.
- Packing material is a must– It is important to pack your belongings safely and securely to avoid damages. Use of proper packing supplies, bubble wrap and padding is required to safely deliver your belongings to your destination.
Don’t stress much, the best and the safest way to avoid injuries is to hire professional movers. In Newport, CBD Movers™ is the reputable moving company who follow every safety protocol and do their best to keep injuries away.