It could be very complicated and intimidating at the same time for you if you are moving out for the first time. Remember, the usual house packing tips might not be able to fit the bill. You will have to take extra measures to make sure that this move is successful. Let’s begin with a few suggestions that even the leading house movers in the city would give you.
A Few Basic Moving Tips To Get You Started
1. Keep Similar Items Together
This applies to a lot of your belongings. You can keep all your similar items neatly packed and stacked together. This is going to simplify your move tremendously. For example, you can keep all your utensils, plates, and bowls in one box. If they happen to be made from the same material, it will be very easy for you to carry them and move them to your new house. Because there will be no variation in the degree of care that you have to exercise, there will be much less stress.
2. Invest In Enough Padding Material
It is always a good idea to invest in enough adding materials such as:
- Bubble wrap
- Wrapping paper
- Old newspapers
- Plastic wrap
- Trash bags
- Nylon rope
- Packing tape
- Permanent markers
- Moving boxes
3. Always Label Your Boxes
When you are done making boxes, remember to label them correctly and also write on them which side goes up and which goes down. You should also list all the items included in the box so that you don’t have to open up every container just to find the item that you’re looking for. Make sure that you have the permanent marker for that.
4. Separate Your Box Of Essentials Before You Move Out
You will have to create a separate box for your essential items and all the things that you will need either during transit or immediately after you have moved into your new home. These could be your baby products, medicines, important documents and papers, repair kit, tools, and sanitary items as well.
5. Hire A Professional Moving Company
If you haven’t considered going for packing and moving company, maybe you should think about that as well. They can help you move from your old home to your new house seamlessly and very efficiently. They will also come up with a customized moving plan for the big day. All you have to do is give them your preferred date of moving and tell them your budget and distance. You can also ask them to come to your property to have a look at the cargo that needs to be moved.
6. Ask Your Parents For Help
If you still face any problems segregating your stuff or getting them into the boxes and containers that you have already bought, maybe you need a bit more help. You could always use a little more muscle power. Remember, two hands are always better than one. Do not forget to ask your parents or your best friends for help. After all, what are your loved ones for? They will be more than happy to help you out with this move.
House Packing Tips For Every Room
- The best way to pack for moving your kitchen is to defrost your refrigerator at least 48 hours before the packers and movers arrive
- The next step is to organize your dishes
- Choose different boxes for your expensive and delicate glassware
- Pack small appliances together and tie them up with nylon rope
- Separate the dry goods from the wet goods that you want to transport
- If you have any refrigerated items, you might want to invest in an ice box
2. Dining Room
- The beautiful carpet that adorns your dining room can be rolled up neatly and tied with a nylon rope
- Pack your décor items and chairs and then stack them up one over the other
- Dismantle your coffee table just the way it is supposed to be
- Pack all your decor items neatly and make sure that you use extra padding to protect them from any damage
3. Living Room
- All your heavy furniture pieces should be dismantled before you transport them
- Your artwork and beautiful mirror work must be protected with extra padding and bubble wrap as you put them into your moving boxes
- Separate and dismantle all your electronic components in an organized fashion
- Prepare your expensive coffee table for transport by removing its legs and then adding an extra layer of protection onto its glass top
- Make sure to organize all your jewelry pieces and stack them up in small boxes neatly
- Pack your mattresses and send them out with the movers
- Your beddings and pillowcases should be separate from the heavy boxes
- Pack your casual clothing in a different bag and keep it accessible throughout the trip
- Most of your toiletries can be packed together in a separate duffle bag
- Organize your towels before you move out
- Take off the bathroom mirror and put it in a durable box with enough padding materials
- Your essential electronic items and appliances such as your dishwasher, dryer, washing machine, and their cords and wires should be packed separately
- If they have any removable components, make sure to take them out and fill them in a separate box
7. Storage Or Garage
- Your storage room or garage may have a lot of items such as your old furniture pieces, a few cans of spray paints, fertilizers, weed killers, and similar solutions
- It may also have some tools such as your screwdrivers, pliers, lawn mowers, nails, screws, and grass cutters
- Your pool toys, your dad’s bike, and a few spare tires
- Separate all these items and arrange for a different mode of transportation for these at a later stage
There You Go
You have finally created a practical checklist of all the items that you need to move to your new house. Your first move is going to be a lot of fun and much easier than you ever thought.
Make your move smooth with a professional moving company, Call us now at 1300 223 668.