Caring for your kids and pets is a huge responsibility. The one thing that is common between both of them is that they resist any kind of change. They are not that welcoming of anything that threatens their comfort zone. Yes, your cats and dogs are as innocent and unaware as your little children and they all need to be handled with a lot of love and care, especially when you are about to move out of your old house to a new place.
If you are thinking, “How do I move my pet without causing him any emotional stress?”, you are not the only one. If you wonder how difficult it is going to be for your little kids to adapt to the new environment, you are not alone. This transition is going to be a little more difficult for your kids and pets than it is for you. However, you can make it a little easy on them by doing the following on time:
Talk About The Move
You have to be a little more vocal when it comes to moving to a new place, especially with your kids and pets. Talk to them both. Encourage them to participate in this process. This is an important step for your entire family and you should break this news to them gradually so that they have enough time to process this information. This way, you can prepare them for a big change without any hiccups.
Be Optimistic About The Process
You know that every change happens for a reason. Even moving interstate with your pets and little ones should be thought of as a positive change. Being optimistic about the whole transition becomes even more important when you are moving abroad with your pets and kids. Don’t let negativity creep into your thoughts under any circumstances. You want to keep the atmosphere of your house lively and perky so that the final moving day is easy for everyone.
Involve Your Kids And Pets
When moving house with pets and kids, you will have to involve them equally. You have to get them excited about the new place. Allow them to help you with your cargo. Let them fetch different boxes and arrange for padding material for your different furniture pieces.
Learn About The New Place
As a family, this could be one of the best approaches to take. You can help your children and pets get rid of all their anxiety and nervousness when you learn about the new city or your destination together. Try to…
- Discover the several exciting places and activities that you all can enjoy in the new city
- Make frequent road trips to the destination over the weekend
- Get to know the local people and especially your new neighborhood
- Explore the local cuisine and hangout spots
Don’t Let The Moving Day Madness Creep In
The final moving day could be a lot more stressful than you may have imagined. So…
- Start your day early
- Get your cup of coffee without hurrying for breakfast
- Keep your mind focused and calm at all times
- Create a proper plan when moving house with your kids
- Come up with a checklist of different items to be packed and moved on a priority basis
Settling Into The New House
The first few days are going to be a little difficult for everyone. It is going to take a while before you are able to make your new home as cozy as your old one. Relocating to a new house and making it your own takes time.
- Focus on making new friends
- Establish new connections
- Look for recreational areas, shopping complexes, new gardens, and parks
- Look for reasons to surprise your family with spontaneous drives and picnics
- Throw a housewarming party
Let’s make this move fun for you and your family. Happy moving!